Thursday, February 14, 2008

Compost Love

Hi folks,
Welcome, welcome to this blog!

It's Valentine's Day and so I dedicate this, my very first blog entry, to compost. To paraphrase a Pablo Neruda poem about Turquoise: Compost, I love you, as if you were my girlfriend!

I'm excited to start posting on this blog. Among other things I hope it will be a place where we can all connect around green living, old fashion resourcefulness, random musings and inspirations, and miscellaneous creative whatever. I think it'll be a lot of fun. I will also start posting my business development diary as I continue to move forward with a number of projects, including Waste Free Living, Maven Vermont Products, and Community Nutrient Systems. Feel free to post any questions or comments--this is about having a conversation, not a soap box for me, Holly Rae Taylor.

I'll sign off for now with the Neruda poem I mentioned above from his Stones from the Sky collection where each poem is numbered, not named:

III
Turqoise, I love you
as if you were my girlfriend
as if you were mine:
you are everywhere:
you are just washed,
just recently sky blue,
just fallen from above:
you are the sky's eyes:
you slice through the surface
of the shop, of the air:
blue almond:
sky talon:
bride.

...

2 comments:

Liza Cowan said...

Let me be the first to welcome this blog. I'm excited about all your projects and I can't wait to watch your businesses and the blog blossom.

Yey! for blogging. Yay! for Holly.

Maggie Jochild said...

I remember Turquoise -- she was my ROOMMATE's girlfriend, in between Cedar and Rayne, I think. Lived in Ashland, Oregon and Ithaca, New York?

Anyhow, great to see a blog that combines lacto-fermentation with Pablo Neruda. Good work.