Sunday, April 27, 2008

Fedco Love

Hi folks,

I took a little trip to Fedco seeds in Waterville, Maine yesterday with my pregnant friend Ann-Elise. I picked up a bunch of seeds, a cherry tree, two grape vines, raspberry canes, a dawn redwood, and a rose. Very exciting! Ann-Elise got a plum tree and lots of other stuff, too. It was their annual tree sale and a very nice scene. Here's a photo essay from the trip...

...driving past the White Mountains of New Hampshire.


Ann-Elise on the grass at Fedco... for her, a dream come true.


...in the Fedco seed room.


...driving back past New Hampshire's Whites, and then home again to Vermont's Camel's Hump.

So now, it's time to get my hands in the soil and do some planting!

Stay tuned for more gardening news.
-the compost maven

...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for accompanying my preggo partner to the wilds of Maine!

Holly Rae Taylor said...

Hey Cathy, it was my pleasure. With all the seeds and seedlings and hope of spring, what a great place to bring a fetus!

Maggie Jochild said...

One of my exes ate some form of brassica at almost every meal. A very good influence on me, despite the gas it produced (in her, not me). I was reminded of that transformation in my life when I enlarged one of your photos and saw the HYBRID BRASSICA sign. Yeah!

Holly Rae Taylor said...

Hi Maggie, thank you for making me take a second look at those seed room pictures. It was really something to be in there among long aisles of seeds. I love Fedco's homegrown signs and displays but more than that just their whole radical philosophy was energizing. Or maybe it was the fact that there seemed to be an inordinate amount of, let's just say, like-minded ladies there that day! Whatever it was, it was a fun and fruitful trip.