I took a little trip to Fedco seeds in Waterville, Maine yesterday with my pregnant friend Ann-Elise. I picked up a bunch of seeds, a cherry tree, two grape vines, raspberry canes, a dawn redwood, and a rose. Very exciting! Ann-Elise got a plum tree and lots of other stuff, too. It was their annual tree sale and a very nice scene. Here's a photo essay from the trip...
...driving past the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Ann-Elise on the grass at Fedco... for her, a dream come true.
...in the Fedco seed room.
...driving back past New Hampshire's Whites, and then home again to Vermont's Camel's Hump.
So now, it's time to get my hands in the soil and do some planting!
Stay tuned for more gardening news.
-the compost maven
- Sustainable Inspiration for Waste Free Living
- Fedco Love
- Pledging my allegience to the soil
- Happy Earth, Soil, and Compost Day!
- Tip O' the Nib Award WINNER Announced!
- Composting Regs, Bear Pond Books, Persepolis...and...
- My little spring break in Ithaca, NY
- Ode to Gretchen Phillips
- My fabulous metal water bottle
- Buttons Buttons
- Sad Day for Intervale Compost
- Emily Dickinson, Fun Home, and a new warehouse!
- Compost, Tina Turner, and Chopping Wood...
- ▼ April (13)