Tuesday, April 8, 2008
My fabulous metal water bottle
In case you were wondering, this is what my water bottle looks like. Don't get me wrong, I have more than one. In fact, my cupboard is packed with all manner of aging nalgene and sports squirt-style bottles from various races. One old purple nalgene bottle has an awesome sticker of a green, voluptuous alien riding some kinda chrome space missile. She's been the "Space Hussy" for years. But let's face it folks, metal bottles are where it's at: they last a really long time and they're inert. I plan to carry metal water bottles on Waste Free Living once it's up in running--which will be soon!
It's been fun picking out products and designs. I was at a party this past weekend and brought my SIGG water bottle catalog with me for some market research. Sort of a nerdy drinking game. Anyway, it was lots of fun and people really got into the task at hand, which was to pick out their top three favorite models. Most people had a hard time only picking three because there are just so freaking many cool styles. It was sort of like getting the thrill of shopping without the side effects. I think one woman was imagining the different styles as complimentary accessories to her shoes, which I thought was like earth-friendly fabulous. A nod to Emma Goldman's dancing at the (green) revolution.
And so I ask, can earth-friendly be fabulous, fun, and sexy? Holly Rae Taylor says yes.
-the compost maven
- Sustainable Inspiration for Waste Free Living
- Fedco Love
- Pledging my allegience to the soil
- Happy Earth, Soil, and Compost Day!
- Tip O' the Nib Award WINNER Announced!
- Composting Regs, Bear Pond Books, Persepolis...and...
- My little spring break in Ithaca, NY
- Ode to Gretchen Phillips
- My fabulous metal water bottle
- Buttons Buttons
- Sad Day for Intervale Compost
- Emily Dickinson, Fun Home, and a new warehouse!
- Compost, Tina Turner, and Chopping Wood...
- ▼ April (13)