Happy Earth Day, folks! A lot of people ask me, what does Earth Day mean to you? To me it's simple: Earth Day is about soil and compost. Why soil and compost? Because if we all always acted with the best interest of the soil in mind we would have a healthy planet. Period. For starters, soil organic matter is usually way too low and the soil food web is way to depleted. Luckily, we can easily fix that by adding compost! I personally think we need a national I LOVE COMPOST Day, and maybe someday we will, but until then I'm going to post an annual video about my compost pile on Earth Day. Here's my first installment...
Check out my girlfriend Alison's blog for more Earth Day video madness!
In good tilth!
-the compost maven
- Sustainable Inspiration for Waste Free Living
- Fedco Love
- Pledging my allegience to the soil
- Happy Earth, Soil, and Compost Day!
- Tip O' the Nib Award WINNER Announced!
- Composting Regs, Bear Pond Books, Persepolis...and...
- My little spring break in Ithaca, NY
- Ode to Gretchen Phillips
- My fabulous metal water bottle
- Buttons Buttons
- Sad Day for Intervale Compost
- Emily Dickinson, Fun Home, and a new warehouse!
- Compost, Tina Turner, and Chopping Wood...
- ▼ April (13)